At times signing on to a certain company can be sort of like dating. Do you want to be with someone whose eyes are always on the prowl looking for the next best thing? Do you want to be with someone who is always interested in connecting themselves with someone better?
Chances are, if a company is the best of the best, it will want to work with the best. If you believe you are the best, you will have a great chance of sticking around.
Many companies advertise that they are “always looking for talented candidates.” They may not have a particular position listed, but if you are outstanding at an aspect of your industry, you can be sure that they will take a look at you. If you are an average candidate, you probably won’t get a second look.
So what exactly does a company mean when it puts itself out there this way?
- They do not have exact positions available but are looking for candidates who can knock their socks off to invest in.
- They are harvesting resumes for when the budget allows for a needed position.
- They are looking to replace a worker who may be nearing retirement or have some padding if an employer leaves.
Many people have gotten jobs through these types of advertisements. There are ways to approach a different sort of recruiting method such as this including:
- Send in a cover letter and resume explaining what you have to offer: You may be so successful at what you do that the company will have to have you.
- Never call: This is like a cold-call for sales. Plus, you don’t want to bother them if they are not looking to fill any positions and have better things to do.
If you want to connect your outstanding skills with the best employers contact Clark Personnel Service today!